List Price: $8.09
Sale Price: $6.86
Today's Bonus: 15% Off
For me, these Strathmore pads (300 series) are perfect. They are very inexpensive and for what you are paying, the quality is remarkably good. They are perfect for practicing technique and experimentation.
The paper has a fine tooth service which is ideal for pencil, charcoal and even crayon...far superior than slicker paper for what I use them for. The paper is of heaver stock and can take a light wash.
I do not do much pen work on these but they are quite adequate for that also. Actually, I do charcoal on them also with very good results. The paper is acid free and you receive no glare what so ever working under intense lighting.
Each sheet is perforated along the top for easy and clean removal. The paper is held by sturdy wire binding and the back is of very heavy cardboard stock which you can work from your lap if desired. Due to the wire binding and end binding, it is easy to flip over and go to the next page.
This product comes in various sizes and number of sheets. I personally prefer the 9x12 with 100 sheets each, but that is my choice...at least they give a good variety.
Due to the cost, this is excellent paper for the beginner but it is also quite good for the more advanced artist who is just trying to work new techniques out. I find that I can switch from graphite to colored pencil easily although graphite is what I normally fool around with. This is not the paper I would choose for a final piece I planned to save and frame, but it is great working with to get to that point.
All in all these 300 series pads are a true work horse. And if you really get bored, you can always remove a sheet to make very nice paper airplanes...the heavier paper will give you excellent distance and accuracy!
Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I am working through Betty Edwards Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and wanted something to keep all of my practice material together so later on I could look back and see my progress (hopefully). This works out perfectly. Great material for drawing on and spiral bound to keep all my practice in order. And at a decent price.
No comments:
Post a Comment