If you are looking for a quick little machine for quick little jobs, this is for you. If you just need to crank out some straight stitches to hem or secure something simple, this will work perfectly. I sewed up a duvet cover; worked fine.
PROS: Cheap, small, lightweight, easy to set up. Heck, it even comes out of the box already threaded and ready to go with a spool of white thread!
CONS: It's small, and simple. Not much room for a lot of material to the right of the pressure foot of course, and you must take the sewing slow and steady, never pull. Not versatile, no zig zags or other stuff. Just straight, straight stitch.
Overall: Recommended for the most basic of sewing -the straight stitch on broadcloth. Don't expect it to be more than it is; you get good value for your thirty bucks, but it ISN'T "as good as" a full sized sewing machine, of course! Go ahead and get this; it will do your small chores as you spend time figuring out which really cool sewing machine you'll spend serious money on...
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I could pretty much use this sewing machine for basic stuff..It was obvious that thicker fabric, like denim, wouldn't work well with this machine, and I was right. The really bad thing about it was defintely the fact that the thread was not of good quality, it gets tangled around 40-50% of the time, and there is no way of going "inside" the machine.
I bought the dressmaker thinking I was taking an easy way out and saving a couple of bucks...But to be honest, this is for quick fixs and/or kids. If you have a kid just starting out, then this is for them. If have anything simple to fix, with straight stitching, this is also for you. ANYONE ELSE: SAVE YOUR MONEY and put it towards a sewing machine that'll last long, and that will do the work right!
Best Deals for Euro-Pro 1100 Dressmaker II Sewing Center
I am new to sewing machines, I bought the Dressmaker because of it's awesome price. I was suprised to find that it can go through pretty thick fabric (It does have it's limits though). For my needs it is perfect. Some drawbacks are that it is pretty darn loud and it moves across the table making it a little hard to sew in a straight line. But if your needs are small (no heavy duty thick fabric) and money is an issue, than I recommend this product.
Honest reviews on Euro-Pro 1100 Dressmaker II Sewing Center
I Just got the machine (bought it cos I was getting it cheap :). Was really surprised to find the machine was so small and featherlight, making the machine move around the table a little bit while stitching. (If it was slightly more heavier and stable, I would have given it 5 starts). As others have pointed out, the threads that come with it are not of good quality. The built in light goes dim as soon as the machine starts. Other than these three negatives it works perfectly fine on the adapter that came with it. Havent tested it on batteries as i dont intend to use it on batteries. I am using a sewing machine for the first time and am really pleased with the product for the price I paid.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Euro-Pro 1100 Dressmaker II Sewing Center
When I adjusted the tension tight enough to equalize the stitches, top and bottom, the thread began to break. I could not pull the fabric away from the machine in order to clip the threads without hand pulling the upper thread. When running on batteries the machine's speeds were medium-slow and medium. When the power was plugged in it ran at very fast and extremely fast. Had a great deal of difficulty in reverse. Kept stopping and chugging.

No comments:
Post a Comment