List Price: $19.49
Sale Price: $13.85
Today's Bonus: 29% Off
I wanted new furniture but didn't feel like spending the money on cheap non-wood items. So I decided to take the old wood furniture we had and refinish it. All the items were an ugly dark stained brown, so I primed them all then painted them with Martha Stewart paint in Heavy Cream, distressed them, then took these MS stencils and stenciled on the furniture in more Martha Stewart paint, her heavy metal line called Moss Green. After that I antiqued them all using an antiquing glaze and replaced the old knobs with vintage style glass knobs. They all came out so beautiful! My husband is impressed. The stencils really added alot to the furniture and were easy to use. One BIG FYI...Don't use tape to adhere the stencil to the item you are stenciling! this causes major bleeding of the paint and your stenciling job will be ruined. Buy Martha Stewarts stencil adhesive, it's worth every penny and adheres the stencil perfectly to your project. I also used dauber brushes, not stencil brushes. I found the stencil brushes also cause more bleeding and spread the paint to much. The dauber brushes are almost like a little sponge and very easy to work with.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
When I saw these on the amazon website, I had to have them. Just lovely, soft, delicate designs. I use them for my decorative painting and also for my ceramic projects. They are really a nice size and you have the option of taping off any part of the stencil that you don't want to use which is easier then constantly moving the stencil to make a larger pattern.
No comments:
Post a Comment