List Price: $55.99
Sale Price: $37.32
Today's Bonus: 33% Off
******************************************************************Beadalon Twister + Jump Ring Maker Set = 5 Hole Wire Twister + 11 Jump Ring Mandrels _ 8 Round -> 4-16mm + 3 Oval 6x4 -> 6x8mm
******************************************************************
Wire Twister and Jump Ring Maker Set
Get everything you need to create any style of jump ring!
Use the Beadalon wire-twister tool to twist up to five different color wires together for a variety of color and texture combinations.
Use your newly created wire to create unique jump rings.
The set also includes the Beadalon round and oval jump-ring maker sets, allowing you to create jump rings in a wide range of gauges.
**************
Instructions
Simply screw one of the included madrels onto the acrylic base.
Then insert the end of a length of wire into the anchor hole on the winder and, holding the mandrel and wire in one hand, use the index finger of your other hand to turn the winder around the mandrel, creating a coil.
Clip the coil to create your jump rings!
**************
Specifications:
Round mandrel sizes:
4 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 16 mm
Oval mandrel sizes:
6 mm x 4 mm, 7 mm x 5 mm, 8 mm x 6 mm
Country of origin: INDIA
**************
Mine came in a thin cardboard box.
This box tore in several places.
If it hadn't been re-tapped, by the post office, it would have fallen apart.
**************
*** My biggest complaint the mandrels DO NOT FIT into their unmarked slots in the tray, so everything was loose and rolling around.
I COULD NOT EVEN CRAM THEM INTO THE SLOTS.
This leaves them free to roll around, fall out, etc.
It is a real pain to use, because of the horrid packaging.
Every time I pick up this thin cardboard box, I have to sort the parts all over gain and place them back on top of their slots.
If you USE the mandrels, this gets old fast.
I tried taping them in place, but having to un-stick the tape, clean the sticky stuff off it, use it, re-tape it...It makes then way too much trouble to use.
The paltry instructions were inside on a separate piece of paper.
Also, I found the wire wrapper, wastes wire.
Since you have to tie the wire to a post, before winding, this wire is lost.
I think a electric drill. does this better, more evenly, and much faster.
I bought the set, so I could carry it with me.
A drill is way to much to take to a friends to bead and if you stop at a store, they don't like you bringing the drill ( to keep it from being stolen )into their store.
**************
Summary
**************
Pros:
Light weight
Easy to carry.
**************
Cons:
Powered by muscle power.
Small parts fall out of box.
Tiny plastic disk for the wire twister is a chocking hazard to small children.
Need an extra set of hands to twist wire, or a door knob and extra wire.
Size of mandrels is set to one size each, a ruled graduated set of mandrels would be much more useful.
I would not recommend this to a friend, until they reissue a sturdier and more varied version.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
Overpriced for what it is. This actually could be made at home once you see what the components are. Get a look at one before purchasing to judge for yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment