List Price: $12.99
Sale Price: $10.99
Today's Bonus: 15% Off
This was an inexpensive set with no reviews, but I wanted to try it because of the large range of hardness/softness which was more satisfying than a lot of the other sets I've tried. At first I was nervous because of how lightweight they felt, but there was no reason to be. In fact, the weightless feel really helped during long drawing sessions in cutting down fatigue.
They came sharpened by blade, but I prefer the smoothness of a sharpener. They lost very little wood and graphite from sharpening. They all came to sharp, generous points and I was able to get a large amount of drawing mileage out of the points before I had to sharpen. They draw beautifully and very smooth. The B's are very dark and bold, and each shade is clearly distinctive.
I recommend this set if you have a light touch. 3H/2H applies perfectly with a gentle hand and you can get a wide range of beautiful values with just H pencils. However, getting darker values from H pencils are harder to erase. The Bs, when not laid too heavily, are surprising easy to erase.
I love this set, I love the value and will definitely buy again when I wear these out. Perfect for beginners who want to experiment with a wider range of values and also pros who go through lots and lots of pencils for their sketchbooks.Other set do not include 9B, and I need a replacement for my other set that is running out. Perfect in a little case. Normally I take the pencils out of the case, but this fits in my pencil container.
No comments:
Post a Comment