Sunday, March 16, 2014

We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, Blue Handle Review

We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, Blue Handle
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $29.99
Sale Price: $17.46
Today's Bonus: 42% Off
Buy Now

My video demonstrates the Crop-A-Dile in action, and also demonstrates the traditional method using a hole punch and eyelet setter with a hammer. I believe both systems have their strong points as well as their weaknesses. On the plus side, the Crop-A-Dile is silent, compact in that it is one tool instead of four, easy to use, and can punch through materials such as leather, light wood and chipboard. On the other hand, it has a small reach of only an inch or two, limiting where you can place your eyelets. Another disadvantage I find is that with the Crop-A-Dile, one must place a mark on the paper to be sure the hole goes in the right spot. With the traditional method, it is much easier to "eyeball" the location.

My assessment is that I like having both systems available because they have their unique uses.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Good:

Will cut through chip board, CDs, clipboards, layers of cardstock, tin, like butter

Reaches 1" into dimensional items (like buckets and tins). An advantage for items that cannot be laid flat on a surface which is necessary for the tool + hammer system

It is one tool (plus the packaging) instead of a cutting mat, anywhere hole punch, setter and hammer

SILENT! No banging, pounding, snapping or twisting.

Bad:

no more than 1" reach so your eyelets etc can't be more than 1" from an edge

It's a little big and chunky, and it is a long reach around the handles not great for small hands

You have to peep down a hole to see your hole markings, so you need good lighting and good close eyesight

You have to watch the pressure so you do not mar the eyelet or squish it flat it is very easy to do this on cardstock, it works better with heavier materials

It does NOT set 1/16" eyelets it sets 1/8" and 3/16"

If you want to set eyelets anywhere you please on a single layer or two of cardstock, you will want to select another tool

The Ugly:

The price is pretty steep for a limited one use product. If you have a craft store near you that offers 40% or 50% coupons, buy it there.

Best Deals for We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, Blue Handle

This setter is great! It can very easily punch through 10 sheets of cardstock at a time. It also punches nicely through plastics, tin, carboard, and even cigar boxes! Much easier and quieter than the old eyelet setters!!! I deduct a star only because of its price...it has a limited use that I'm not sure is worth the cost unless you set A LOT of eyelets!

Honest reviews on We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, Blue Handle

I specifically bought this tool for adding snaps. It is advertised as being able to do it but it would damage the snap heads when installing. Online, there are lots of videos for how to use it but there is a consistent theme that no one has been able to successfully do snaps of the two sizes advertised. The problem seems to be that the tool does not have enough room for the snap head (the male part) so when you press down, it distorts the head and makes it unusable. I was about to return the tool when I decided to see if I can modify it. I dug out the hole in the die to give the tip more room. This made the metal forming disk, that's only attached by the melted plastic I was digging out, fall off. I decided to make my hole as big as necessary and then glue the metal disk back on. It took 7 tires to get the disk back on perfectly flush as before but after that, I was able to successfully do snaps for the most part. I used a hot glue gun to glue the disk back to the plastic. There is the slight problem that the snaps are not held in place so you just hope they don't misalign before you can squeeze down. I have had to redo snaps over and over in the same spot until I got it right and that often puts a tear in the fabric. All in all, this tool is difficult to use due to the misalignment issue. You may need someone to help you by holding the tool until you align the material and snap and hold it in place while they squeeze. It takes significant modification to do snaps. Research it online if you are buying it for snaps. There is no company video for snap installment at all, just grommets and hole making. As for punching holes, it is very good. Many people online say that they have kept it for hole punching only. I'd give it more than one star but I feel that many people have given it great ratings that it does not deserve and it is a high priced tool that does not do one of its main advertised purposes.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, Blue Handle

This is the best eyelet setter on the market. I have others that are noisy and do not do as good of a job. This is quick and easy. It requires very little strength. Don't let your husband get a hold of it or you will lose it!

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment