Monday, July 7, 2014

Sumi Inkstick and Inkstone Set Review

Sumi Inkstick and Inkstone Set
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
The ink is great, but do pay close attention to this line: "With incense and binding agent that release marvelous fragrance while ink is prepared." The incense is not at all mild. I can't store this even in its wooden box in my art bin; I have to keep it loose in the closet because if it's pent up the odor gets trapped and sticks to everything else.

The inkstick and its product itself is just fine, and I like the inkstone quite a lot. I just wish it wasn't so stinky. It smells like I have tiny Japanese hippies on my brushes.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

First of all, I like the large inkstone. I can grind the inkstick as hard as I want without worrying about spilling the ink out. The inkstone is solid piece, rough and strong. It is better than the other three inkstone you can find in Amazon.com. the inkstick is fine. I had tried at least 7 inksticks ranging from few dollars to 20-30 dollars. this inkstick is above the average. it is not stinky as the other review said. I did use it and purposly left some in the inkstone for two days. It doesn't smell bad at all. I had one about the same price that made my inkstone smell like a toilet in the gas station and gave me a great headache. That piece was only in my inkstone for overnight. I know it is recommanded to use up the ink the same day you grind it. But it shouldn't make me cleaning up the inkstone everytime. Again, for price worth, this inkstick is good enough. If you really want a professional inkstick, you need to spend at least $40 and above. I think the product description should add one warning that this inkstick contains natural Moschus (don't know if it is true or not, can't judge by pure smell), which is not good for pregnancy.

Best Deals for Sumi Inkstick and Inkstone Set

This ink stick is everything I was hoping for it to be. All my research pointed to tung oil 101 as the best ink sticks available. The soot is very fine and travels farther on the paper than my Japanese pine soot stick. The ink clearly shows all the tone variations and has a beautiful deep rich black.

One reviewer commented on the super strong incense smell. I personally love incense and was looking forward to "hippies on my brush." With this in mind I found the scent to be very mild but still noticeable. Kind of floral with a spice undertone.

I have used a variety of ink sticks and have gotten some with plaster filler in it or else a stench of burnt rubber. This is quite the opposite. I love this stick....

The ink stone is also great. Very stable and smooth.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment