Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Martin/ F. Weber Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set Review

Martin/ F. Weber Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
I remember having one of these when I was a kid in the 50's. I bought this new one for a young relative, and it doesn't appear to have changed all that much...but that's good. The basics for learning to draw just don't change, and the presentation is in the same catchy, easy-to -understand way that was pioneered by the great Jon Gnagy. If you want to learn to draw, you can't go wrong with this set!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I received the Jon Gnagy set when I was a boy in the 60's and learned to draw from it. I have two daughters who love to draw and wanted lessons, but there is no where around that teaches children how to draw. So I went back to Jon Gnagy. This set is not the orignal set, but a reworked version.

The book looks like someone made photocopies and then added them into a new book. The instructions are in three languages so the font is small and crowded. I found a used copy of the original book on Amazon and bought the original.

The supplies that come with it are not the same quality as the original set had, but they are ok for children to get started.

The instructions in the book are a good step by step course. He explains how to make a shape, then a form, then add shadows and texture. He explains perspective and how to add a vanishing point. Then he sets works you through

I gave 4 stars because even though the information in the book is excellent, this version leaves something to be desired. It would make a nice gift. An alternative would be to find a used original book (brown cover with a photo of Jon Gnagy) which has clearer pictures and is easier to read (assuming you read in English) and buy a drawing set that includes at least 2 carbon pencils, 1 charcoal pencil, a pencil sharpener, kneadable rubber eraser, sandpaper stapled on a wooden panel, chalk sized pieces of charcoal, and a paper stomp. I found one at Michaels that was made by General that was not expensive.

Best Deals for Martin/ F. Weber Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set

I was given this drawing set when I was about 6 years old. It gave me the tools and techniques to start my career in illustration. now 50 years later I have made my living full time as a cartoonist for over 38 years. So I would recommend this to any beginner student

Honest reviews on Martin/ F. Weber Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set

My granddaughter is interested in drawing. For Christmas I chose the Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set because I learned to draw from Jon Gnagy Learn to Draw half hour TV shows when I was young. After she opened the Set she started using the lessons & her drawings became much better than before. She spent lots of time with it which made it a GREAT gift.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Martin/ F. Weber Jon Gnagy Learn To Draw Set

I remember that my Dad gave me this kit over 50 years ago. I bought it to give to my youngest grandson. I know that he'll love it as much as I did. The only thing I would suggest is that more drawing paper be included. I did buy an additional drawing pad however.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment