The little pots will last a long time, I'm sure as it only takes a little bit at a time for this type of project.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
My art students play a game called "Flashlight Art" and previous to finding this marvelous product, a teammate and I had been using colored cellophane affixed to the flashlights by rubber bands. Well, you know what happens with that....elementary students tear it off within a couple class periods plus, it is so thin it rips very easily. So, I decided to get this stained-glass making paint and give it a try. Boy, was I excited when it actually worked!!! I painted directly onto the outer clear plastic/glass of the flashlight NOT the bulb itself (that way I won't have to re-paint whenever the bulb burns out and I need a new one). I painted about 3 or 4 coats onto the clear part (after doing the clear "primer" type fixative included with the paint but DO NOT use the black stained-glass paint), and now when my students have colored table teams, I will be able to tell who has shone their flashlight on the correct vocabulary word first and will get the point for their team. It is AWESOME!!!Best Deals for Plaid Delta PermEnamel Paint Pot, Transparent Glass
I wanted to paint a piece that looked like stained glass from a reasonable distance, but could not acheive this result perfectly.*Liquid leading worked as expected. It helps to hold the tube upright rather than at an angle, and to do continuous lines.
*Paint was VERY thick. Not sure if it had just dried out, or if it is meant to be that way. I would have like something that flowed a little more so I could avoid having brush marks, which really take away from the stained glass look. Used a sponge as an applicator to make it less obvious, but I still wasn't happy with the result. This is the primary problem with the product, and otherwise it would have gotten 5 stars. Besides the brush stroke problem, the thickness made it difficult to get the color on evenly, so some areas are more translucent than others.
*I guess the result wasn't too bad for my first try, and I think this method still has potential with maybe some of the paint thinner.
*The amount of paint in the paint pots is probably good for expeirmenting, but not enough to cover a substantial area. My project was about 6"X10", and I used at least half of the green and the yellow paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment