Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review of Boye Crochet Master Kit Steel & Aluminum Crochet Hooks By The Each

Boye Crochet Master Kit Steel & Aluminum Crochet Hooks By The Each
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
Buy Now
Boye hooks are excellent quality for your crocheting projects. These hooks are durable and they will last a lifetime.

I have used Boye hooks for years and they always stand up to the test of time.

One thing that disappoints me about this set is it doesn't include a Q size hook. I like to crochet fabric (and the Q size hook is best for crocheting with fabric) so this is disappointing to me.

If you are concerned about the quality of these hooks and you need the sizes included for this product, I would not hesitate. Boye is a good brand.

If you are interested in crocheting with fabric, I recommend this book to get you started: Crochet Rag Rugs Basic Pattern Collection.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I've crocheted for years, both thread and yarn, but after several back to back moves across states I had misplaced my crochet hooks--and three years later they still haven't turned up. In the past month I had ended up buying a couple of individual Boye hooks and found myself still needing several more sizes, so I decided to buy the Boye Crochet Master Kit and save some money. Upon opening the package I immediately noticed that the steel hooks did not look uniform in casting and looked "cheap". I pulled out the two Boye hooks I'd bought individually and was shocked at what I found. The steel hooks in the kit are not the same quality as the single hooks being sold individually by Boye, nor or they the same size. Comparing two hooks of the same size side by side, I found the hooks aren't even made the same in the throat and shaft (area just below the hook to above the thumb rest), and the hook size was different. My individually purchased size 10 steel was actually smaller than the size 11 in the kit. The plating also looks cheaper, and the Boye logo is a little different as well. Unfortunately I don't have any of the aluminum hooks to compare to the ones in the kit. The great deal I got by buying the kit doesn't seem like such a great deal anymore. I plan on contacting the company with questions and am seriously thinking about returning the kit.

Best Deals for Boye Crochet Master Kit Steel & Aluminum Crochet Hooks By The Each

My daughter in-law received this as a gift and was very excited about all the various sizes and loves the zipped case. Very nice. She's used it for 2 months now and would recommend this to everyone that uses hooks!

Honest reviews on Boye Crochet Master Kit Steel & Aluminum Crochet Hooks By The Each

This is my second set, the first one went missing and I had to order a replacement as soon as I found out.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment